Friday, April 28, 2006

I spoke with Richard Dawkins


Yesterday I went to the centre for life to hear Richard Dawkins (and his wife Lalla Ward - who used to be Dr. Who's assistant when Tom Baker was Dr. Who).

They were reading passages from his last 3 books, and then taking questions from the audience.

I eventually plucked up courage to go up for the book signing at the end. During the questions he had mentioned that he thinks it is a shame indeed that primary school children are not introduced to the wonders of evolution and deep time etc. and that he thinks they could be taught this from about age 7.

Knowing a particularly inquisitive 7 year old myself, when I went up for my book to be signed I asked Richard Dawkins if he could recommend a good book for a 7 year old? He said that no he can't think of one actually and it was something he would like to look into. I mentioned that I had searched and found few books like that (just 2 on the Net) and suggested that he could write such a book! Dawkins replied that he has been wondering about doing just that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home